The IRSA Executive Committee comprise of:
IRSA Office-bearers (‘the Executive’)
• Immediate Past President (if any)
• Public Officer (ex-officio)
• Junior Member (ex-officio)
• An additional member, where the Executive considers it necessary for carrying out the functions of the Committee.
Members may not hold more than one role, except for the Public Officer. This role may be held by a member of the Executive.
The Committee must include a minimum of one member from New Zealand and one member from Australia.
Please see the Terms of Reference for the Executive Committee – click here
Executive Committee Position Descriptions
Ex-Officio Position Descriptions
Committee Elections 2021
Nominations for the following positions on the IRSA Executive Committee – to be elected for the period of 2021 – 2023 – are open.
The general election for the IRSA executive committee members will occur at the IRSA annual General Meeting (AGM) at 12.05pm AEST on 30 June 2021 as part of the ASM.
Nominations for all office-bearer positions of the Executive Committee (except for the position of the Past President) are to be made using the relevant nomination forms below.
- Include a brief personal history and other biographical information (no more than 500 words) relevant to the position;
- Provide a copy of the nominee’s CV;
- Be supported by two Active members of the association using the attached Nomination form.
Completed Nominations must be submitted to the IRSA secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 22nd June 2021 (seven days prior to the AGM at which the election will take place).
- Positions will be elected, by vote, at the Annual General Meeting scheduled for Wednesday 30 June 2021 (12pm AEST) as per the provisions of the IRSA Constitution.
- Only Active IRSA members shall vote in the election of the Executive Committee positions.
- All votes shall be given personally or by proxy but no Active Member may hold more than 5 proxies.
- Each Active Member shall be entitled to appoint another Active Member as proxy by notice given to the secretary no later than 24 hours before the time of the meeting, using the IRSA Proxy Form.
- All members must be current financial members to nominate, vote and attend the AGM.